Deputy Head, AI and Emerging Technology
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Division
Who we are looking for:
- Creativity in new ideas and future focus vision.
- Collaboration with colleagues and the community at large.
- Work Smart, Play Smart!
What you`ll do:
- Build and lead a strong professional team to develop innovative solutions of robotics, AI and digitisation and integrated services in line with the Division’s strategy
- Lay down the sustainable development roadmap for the team’s business, technology and capability, and carry out execution plan to achieve the annual goals, financial targets and assigned KPIs
- Engage the operation of a R&D Centre focusing on programme management, project management and partnership development, and assist the Chief Operating Officer in smoothing out the operations in compliance with the funding guidelines, regulations and standard practices
- Work closely with the R&D team and operation team to support project delivery in the R&D Centre, and undertake effective actions to meet and excel the targeted KPIs of the R&D Centre
- Enhance the collaboration with industries, associations, professional bodies and Government bureaux to explore new business opportunities, identify and engage clients, and manage the project delivery of the Government funding programmes, consultancy, training and integrated services
- Assist Unit Head and General Manger in business development and driving new initiatives, and collaborate closely with other team leads to achieve the goals of the Division
- Take on ad-hoc projects / initiatives
You’ll be a good fit if you have/are:
- Bachelor Degree or above in disciplines such as Automation, Intelligent System and Control, Mechatronics and Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, System Engineering or equivalent with 8 years or more relevant experience
- 7 years’ solid experience in technical consultancy and professional services, with at least 4 years in management positions
- Hands-on experience in government project management and implementation a must
- Strong partnership and collaboration with both local and overseas government authorities and R&D institutions
- In-depth understanding of the emerging technologies (e.g., AI, Robotics and IIoT, Metaverse, etc.) and smart manufacturing
- Track record in team management, business development, technology development related to intelligent robotics and automation
- Innovative thinking and strong problems solving skills
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Putonghua
Applicant may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position.
What we offer and What you’ll like here:
- Innovative and energetic culture with smart outfits and sport shoes
- Professional lab and latest technology to actualize your creative ideas
- 5-day work week
- Prime location with good public transport network
- MPF Top-up and dental benefit
- Medical benefits from Day-1 with extended coverage to dependent(s)
- Professional training and career advancement opportunities
Apply now if you’re ready to take the challenge! Do not miss this opportunity to join us to Create Value and “MAKE SMART SMARTER”!
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the position when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applicants are welcome to submit application at the HKPC e-Recruitment System (careers.hkpc.org) in 2 weeks from the posting date. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.